Stoneham Mountain Resort in Quebec & Escape2ski provides info on; vertical drop 1380ft/420m, total trails 42, closest airport 23mi/36km, lifts 6, and more. The ski resort is situated a short distance north of the world-renowned Quebec City. The location for Stoneham was chosen due to the horseshoe shape the mountain range creates and the area […]Read More
Stoneham Mountain Resort in Quebec & Escape2ski provides info on; vertical drop 1380ft/420m, total trails 42, closest airport 23mi/36km, lifts 6, and more.
The ski resort is situated a short distance north of the world-renowned Quebec City.
The location for Stoneham was chosen due to the horseshoe shape the mountain range creates and the area located below, which provides exceptional snow conditions all while protecting skiers from the wind.
At the beginning of the 1960’s, a number of amateur skiers from nearby Quebec City, along with businesses from Trois-Rivieres, combined resources. They opened Stoneham Mountain Resort in 1963, with just three trails and two lifts; a double chair and a T-Bar.
Continued growth and being on the forefront of industry trends has earned Stoneham the respected place it holds within the ski and snowboard industry. Today, Stoneham Mountain Resort has a balanced terrain layout spread over four mountains.
Their goal is to provide a family friendly four-season resort that is focused on creating a memorable experience for everyone.
On the Slopes
- Stoneham Mountain Resort has balanced terrain with 47% of it dedicated to beginner to intermediate levels and 53% of the terrain, including trails La Dube and La Bomba for advanced/expert skiers and snowboarders.
- There are also 19 trails available for night skiing and snowboarding every night of the week during the winter season.
- In order to deliver the best of conditions possible when Mother Nature doesn’t cooperate, Stoneham Mountain Resort offers snowmaking capabilities on 86% of its terrain.
- Stoneham Mountain Resort has made a huge commitment to the creation of their terrain parks. Various challenges await all ability levels, and their permanent signature Half-pipe is available to complete your experience. There are 2 XL parks and a beginner park.
- Stoneham Mountain Resort offers a full selection of lessons and programs for everyone in the family including; Family Sundays with lift tickets, lessons and rentals included. They also offer learn to ski, group or private lessons for children and adults. The resort also hosts the Academy, which offers clinics to help perfect your technique.
- Stoneham Mountain Resort has a dedicated learning area that is serviced by two surface lifts along with a mini terrain park near the base area.
Off the Slopes
- Lodging choices at Stoneham Mountain Resort include slope-side options such as the Condos and Hotel Stoneham, which features 23 condo units and 59 hotel rooms.
- While enjoying your stay at the resort, you can enjoy a great selection of meals, snacks and après ski choices at the many restaurants and bars, you can also add in some shopping at the Boutique Retail Shop to complete your day.
- There are also various accommodation choices in Quebec City. Here you will experience many cultural events, plus fine dining, shopping and the charm of walking the streets of Old Quebec City. Add in outdoor ice-skating with hot chocolate, and now your experience is complete.
- If you are looking for a break from the slopes, outdoor ice-skating is available at the base and snowshoeing can be found on the 6mi/10km loop that joins with a portion of the Trans Quebec Trail. Both activities are free if you have your own equipment. Also, there is Geocaching, which is a treasure hunting game for all ages.
- Stoneham Mountain Resort has a daycare facility for children as young as 12 months with both indoor and outdoor fun. Also, check out Kids Island with day care activities for 3 to 6 years old.
- If you are visiting the area during the first two weeks of February, make sure to visit the Carnaval de Quebec in Quebec City. The festival and its mascot Bonhomme have been welcoming people to this wonderful event since 1955.
Current Status: Closed
1380 ft / 420 m
695 ft / 212 m
2075 ft / 632 m
150 in / 381 cm
Total Trails: 42
Beginner: 11 (25%)
Intermediate: 9 (22%)
Advanced: 16 (38%)
Expert: 6 (15%)
Terrain Parks & Pipes: 4
Snow Cross: No
Super Pipe: No
Half Pipe: Yes
Jib Park: Yes
Ski & Snowboard School: Both
Rentals & Repairs: Yes
Retail Shops: Yes
Children’s Ski Programs: Yes
Women's Ski Programs: Yes
Adaptive Ski Programs: Yes
Day Lodges: Yes
Quebec City QC , 23mi / 36km
Nearest Major City:
Quebec City QC, 17mi / 27km
Lac-Beauport QC, 15mi / 23km
Season Dates: Nov 22 to Apr 5
Skiing & Snowboarding: Both
Open Days: Open Daily
Hours of Operation:
9:00am to 9:30pm : Sat-Sun, 8:30am to 9:30pm : Hours maybe subject to change.
Night Skiing: Nightly
Total Lifts: 6
Express Quad Chairs: 1
Quad Chairs: 3
Surface Lifts: 2
Within 20mi / 33km: Yes
Closest Airport(s)What our Convenience Rankings™ mean
Quebec City Jean Lesage Intl Airport
Distance: 23 mi / 36 km
Ranking: Most Convenient
Central Reservations: 1-800-463-6888
Direct Phone: 418-848-2415
Snow Phone: 418-848-2415 option 4