Snow Valley Ski Resort, Ontario
Categories: Find Ski Resorts in Canada, Find Ski Resorts in Canada and United States
Snow Valley Ski Resort in Ontario and Escape2ski provides info on; vertical drop 279ft/85m, total trails 21, closest airport 59mi/95km, lifts 8, and more. The ski area is located in Minesing, Ontario, only a short distance from the City of Barrie just off Snow Valley Rd. The local landscape consists of farmland, residential housing, and […]Read More
Snow Valley Ski Resort in Ontario and Escape2ski provides info on; vertical drop 279ft/85m, total trails 21, closest airport 59mi/95km, lifts 8, and more.
The ski area is located in Minesing, Ontario, only a short distance from the City of Barrie just off Snow Valley Rd. The local landscape consists of farmland, residential housing, and hills that provide an elevation enough to have slopes for skiing and snowboarding.
Snow Valley Ski Resort was opened in December 1952 by ten members of a ski group who called themselves the Triple S Club, which stood for ski, safety, and sociability. This group had the vision to bring winter recreation to the local area. The ski area opened with a few trails and limited services.
Over the decades, as Snow Valley Ski Resort gained popularity, they have continued to expand with skiing and snowboarding on two hills and the addition of a fixed-grip, six-passenger chairlift with a moving conveyor to help increase the uphill lift capacity. A milestone for the ski resort was the opening of the tubing hill in 1996. This would allow more skiers and snowboarders to get out and enjoy a winter activity.
Due to its terrain layout, the ski area is a great place to learn how to ski or snowboard, which is why you see many school groups during the winter season.
Snow Valley Ski Resort has earned a great reputation for being Ontario’s family-friendly ski area and its large snow tubing area. The management and staff are committed to the original core values that the ski area was founded on; to provide a fun and safe environment to all who visit.
The ski area has been in operation for over 60 years and is where many people from Ontario got their first start either skiing or snowboarding.
On the Slopes
- Snow Valley has skiing and snowboarding trails located on two summits that provide a natural division of beginner, intermediate and advanced trails. There is even a double black trail, known as Vertigo.
- There are also two dedicated learning areas complete with lifts to allow for skill improvements before heading to the top. From the summit, you can access the wide beginner trails known as Snoopy and Garfield via the Quad chair.
- There are 20 trails lit for night skiing and snowboarding for those who want to enjoy an evening having fun on the snow. Night operations are on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Snow Valley Ski Resort features one terrain progression park with access via the triple chairlift and travels from the summit to the base on the Easy Does It trail. Here you will discover jibs such as rails and boxes, along with small to large jumps as you descend to the base area.
- The Snow School has a dedicated team of instructors who can help make your first time on snow an enjoyable experience. Snow Valley offers private and group lessons, first-timers, racing, and pre-school programs.
- Snow Valley Ski Resort does offer ski and snowboard programs in conjunction with the Canadian Association of Disabled Skiers on select Sundays throughout the winter season. Call ahead for more information.
Off the Slopes
- There are several options to enjoy more than slopes at Snow Valley Ski Resort. There is snow tubing with three lifts and 14 runs for family fun, plus snowshoeing is another option on 17km/11mi of beginner to advanced trails. Rentals are also available.
- Snow Valley Ski Resort provides a full-service cafeteria with cozy fireplaces for those who need a break, a rental shop for ski and snowboard equipment, and a small retail outlet, all located at the base area.
- The nearby City of Barrie is located on the west shore of Lake Simcoe and is an area that is rich in culture and popular with outdoor enthusiasts in summer and winter. Barrie has many shopping options from the downtown core to the Georgian Mall, Bayfield Mall and, Kozlov Shopping Centre.
- Downtown Barrie has a great selection of restaurants that range from casual to fine dining. You’ll also find a great selection of all of your favourite chain restaurants throughout the Barrie area. Lodging is available throughout the city with well-known hotels and motels, such as Best Western Plus, Holiday Inn, and Four Points Sheraton.
- Snow Valley Ski Resort offers the First tracks Child Care Center for ages six months to five years. Open Weekends during the winter season and daily during Christmas and spring break. All of your child’s time is spent indoors doing crafts, playing with toys, and reading books. Reservations are recommended.
Current Status: Open
279 ft / 85 m
774 ft / 236 m
1053 ft / 321 m
94 in / 239 cm
Total Trails: 21
Beginner: 9 (42%)
Intermediate: 6 (29%)
Advanced: 5 (24%)
Expert: 1 (5%)
Terrain Parks: 1
Snow Cross: No
Super Pipe: No
Half Pipe: No
Jib Park: Yes
Ski & Snowboard School: Both
Rentals & Repairs: Yes
Retail Shops: Yes
Children’s Ski Programs: Yes
Women's Ski Programs: No
Adaptive Ski Programs: Limited
Day Lodges: Yes
Toronto ON, 59mi / 95km
Nearest Major City:
Barrie ON, 8mi / 12km
Minesing ON, 4mi / 7km
Season Dates: Dec 16 to Apr 2
Skiing & Snowboarding: Both
Open Days: Open Daily
Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thu 9:00am to 4:00pm : Fri-Sun, 9:00am to 9:00pm : Hours maybe subject to change.
Night Skiing: Select Nights
Total Lifts: 8
Express-6 Chairs: 1
Quad Chairs: 1
Triple Chairs: 1
Surface Lifts: 5
Within 20mi / 33km: Yes
Closest Airport(s)What our Convenience Rankings™ mean
Toronto Pearson Intl Airport
Distance: 59 mi / 95 km
Ranking: Most Convenient
Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport
Distance: 77 mi / 123 km
Ranking: Limited Major Airline Use
Central Reservations: 1-877-404-4744
Direct Phone: 705-721-7669
Snow Phone: 705-721-7669 (option 1)