Ski the Powder Highway & visit 8 ski resorts located on this circular route of connecting roadways in the Kootenay Rockies of Southeastern British Columbia.
When you plan a trip to Ski the Powder Highway you will gain access to approximately 17,000 acres of skiable terrain serviced by a total of 50 lifts. Powder Highway Resorts include Revelstoke Mountain Resort, Whitewater Ski Resort, Panorama Mountain Resort, Kimberley Alpine Resort, Fernie Alpine Resort, Red Mountain Resort, Kicking Horse Mountain Resort and Fairmont Hot Springs Ski Resort.
The name, Ski the Powder Highway was created to market the ski resorts located near highways, BC-95S, BC-93N, Highway 1 (Trans-Canada Highway), Highway 3, Highway 38 and Highway 6 to Nelson in British Columbia’s Kootenay region that form a circuit and that features possibly the highest concentration of skiing and snowboarding areas in the world.
As you plan to Ski the Powder Highway you also have the opportunity to access 9 Nordic centres, 9 heli-skiing locations, and 10 cat-skiing operations, and best of all it is home to some of the most incredible powder found anywhere.
Six of the eight ski resorts offer ski-in/ski-out lodging options and their base areas are filled with a great selection of amenities. The heli-skiing and cat-skiing operators offer great lodges and accommodations so you can truly sit back, relax and enjoy the experience.
When you plan to Ski the Powder Highway, the drive along the various mountain highways has some of the most beautiful scenery found anywhere. You’ll experience diverse terrain, great mountain towns such as Nelson, with its food and outdoor culture, Kimberley with its Bavarian style theme downtown and Fernie, which is full of small city charm. There is also Golden, Revelstoke, Invermere, Rossland and the community of Fairmont Hot Springs, which are full of history and charm.
Ski the Powder Highway – Driving Distances:
- Revelstoke Mountain Resort to Kicking Horse Mountain Resort – 164km / 102miles
- Kicking Horse Mountain Resort to Panorama Mountain Resort – 152km / 95miles
- Panorama Mountain Resort to Fairmont Hot Springs Ski Resort – 47km / 30miles
- Fairmont Hot Springs Ski Resort to Kimberley Alpine Resort – 100km / 62miles
- Kimberley Alpine Resort to Fernie Alpine Resort – 118km / 74miles
- Fernie Alpine Resort to Red Mountain Resort – 334km / 208miles
- Red Mountain Resort to Whitewater Ski Resort – 93km / 58miles