Mt Spokane Ski Area, Washington
Categories: Find Ski Resorts in Canada and United States, Find Ski Resorts in United States
Mt Spokane Ski Area in Washington and Escape2ski provides info on; vertical drop 2000ft/609m, total trails 52, closest airport 38mi/61km, lifts 6, and more. Mt Spokane is part of the Selkirk Mountain Range inside the Mt Spokane State Park at the end of the Mt Spokane Park Drive Road near Mead, Washington. The Ski Area […]Read More
Mt Spokane Ski Area in Washington and Escape2ski provides info on; vertical drop 2000ft/609m, total trails 52, closest airport 38mi/61km, lifts 6, and more.
Mt Spokane is part of the Selkirk Mountain Range inside the Mt Spokane State Park at the end of the Mt Spokane Park Drive Road near Mead, Washington. The Ski Area is located less than an hour from the City of Spokane along a beautiful drive through the countryside of farmland.
The Mt Spokane Ski Area is a fixture in the local Spokane community as roots of the ski area date back to the 1930’s when three clubs, including the Spokane Ski Club, purchased over 500 acres to build lodges, rope-tows, and ski jumps.
As the success and enthusiasm for the ski area grew, Al E. Mettler, the founder, installed the first double chairlift in 1947 to increase the uphill capacity. With the addition of more trails and a continued increase in skier visits, Mt Spokane Ski Area saw the need to add a second chairlift in 1956. Throughout the years, Mt Spokane Ski Area continued to create ways to allow everyone to get out and enjoy the mountain, so they added night skiing in December 1967.
Mt Spokane Ski Area has grown from its humble beginnings to a place that is well known beyond the local area of Spokane in eastern Washington State. The mountain runs are wide and offer great fall lines for everyone to enjoy. As expansion continues to occur, one common theme remains at the ski area, to provide a family-friendly atmosphere.
On the Slopes
- Mt Spokane Ski Area features terrain on three mountain slopes. Off Chair 1 is the area where you will discover the most black diamond terrain with summit to base skiing and snowboarding on runs such as Hour Glass, and No Alibi.
- Mt Spokane Ski Area features night skiing on 16 runs from Wednesday to Saturday accessible by chairs 2, 3, and 5. Operating time is from 3:30 pm to 9:30 pm.
- The Terrain Park is located down the backside to Chair 4 and is suitable for all ability levels. Here you will find rails, a vertical wall, jump lines, and rainbows. Remember to know your limits.
- The Snow School has a dedicated team of instructors ready to provide adult, children and ladies only lessons, first-timers, Burton Learn to Ride, and specialty programs.
- Mt Spokane Ski Area has two day-lodges and the Summit Restaurant located in Vista House at the top of the mountain. Lodge 2 is home to a small retail outlet, rentals, free ski check, food service, and the Foggy Bottom Lounge.
Off the Slopes
- Mt Spokane Ski Area has no on-mountain lodging options. The City of Spokane features a great selection of lodging choices. You can stay downtown or on the outer limits of the city in hotels, motels, inns, and bed and breakfasts.
- The City of Spokane features the River Park Square shopping mall and entertainment complex. Throughout Spokane, you can enjoy many cultural events, hockey, casual and fine dining, along with shopping for home fashion, sporting goods, jewelry, men’s and women’s fashions plus much more.
- Other off-mountain activities, include 16mi/25km of groomed Nordic trails along with snowshoeing on seven trails with various challenge levels, all located inside the Mt Spokane State Park.
- The Children’s Choice Tubing Hill located near lodge 1 has several lanes, a rope tow with haul sliders to get you back up the hill and is open for fun on weekends and holidays. 90-minute sessions are available at an affordable price.
- Mt Spokane Ski Area provides the SnoPlay Daycare located in Lodge 2 to give parents a chance to enjoy the slopes. Kids fro ages 2 and older can enjoy arts, crafts, outdoor playtime, lessons, and more. Open Saturday, Sunday, and holidays.
- Mt Spokane Ski Area offers FREE parking lots shuttles that stop at designated spots within the parking lots and provide drop off at either Lodge 1 or Lodge 2. The shuttles cycle regularly throughout the day.
Current Status: Open
2000 ft / 609 m
4200 (Lowest 3889) ft / 1280 (Lowest 1186) m
5889 ft / 1795 m
400 in / 1016 cm
Total Trails: 52
Beginner: 10 (19%)
Intermediate: 25 (48%)
Advanced: 17 (33%)
Expert: 0 (0%)
Terrain Parks: 1
Snow Cross: No
Super Pipe: No
Half Pipe: No
Jib Park: Yes
Ski & Snowboard School: Both
Rentals & Repairs: Yes
Retail Shops: Yes
Children’s Ski Programs: Yes
Women's Ski Programs: Yes
Adaptive Ski Programs: Yes
Day Lodges: Yes
Spokane WA , 38mi / 61km
Nearest Major City:
Spokane WA, 31mi / 50km
Mead WA, 22mi / 36km
Season Dates: Dec 9 to Apr 9
Skiing & Snowboarding: Both
Open Days: Open Daily
Hours of Operation:
9:00am to 4:00pm : Night Skiing Wed to Sat, 3:30pm to 9:30pm : Hours maybe subject to change.
Night Skiing: Select Nights
Total Lifts: 6
Triple Chairs: 1
Double Chairs: 5
Within 20mi / 33km: Yes
Closest Airport(s)What our Convenience Rankings™ mean
Spokane Intl Airport
Distance: 38 mi / 61 km
Ranking: Most Convenient
Central Reservations: N/A
Direct Phone: 509-238-2220
Snow Phone: 509-443-1397