Mont Orford Ski Area in Quebec and Escape2ski provides info on; vertical drop 1933ft/589m, total trails 62, closest airport 85mi/136km, lifts 8, and more. Mont Orford Ski Area is located near the beautiful city of Magog, Quebec and within the boundaries of the Parc du Mont-Orford. The Magog region was founded in 1776, by Ralph […]Read More
Mont Orford Ski Area in Quebec and Escape2ski provides info on; vertical drop 1933ft/589m, total trails 62, closest airport 85mi/136km, lifts 8, and more.
Mont Orford Ski Area is located near the beautiful city of Magog, Quebec and within the boundaries of the Parc du
Mont-Orford. The Magog region was founded in 1776, by Ralph Merry, who settled west of Lake Memphremagog in an area that soon became the heart of the settlement.
The word Memphremagog means a large body of water, and in 1855 the area was formally named Magog after the lake. Magog was once a region that was a huge contributor to the textile industry; today tourism is a major supporter of the local economy.
The ski area was a venture created by the Quebec Provincial Government to bring winter recreation to the area. It opened to the public in 1938 with limited trails and lift services.
The ski area has grown from those early days into a family-friendly ski facility, which operates one of the few Hybrid Gondola systems or Chondola’s (high-speed six-passenger chairs and 8 passenger gondola cabins on the same lift system) in the East.
It also provides skiing and snowboarding on three peaks, Mont Giroux, Mont Alfred-Desrochers and Mont Orford. Mont Orford has several distinctions, which set it apart from others in the region. It is the oldest ski area in the Eastern Townships, and with a summit of 2800ft/853m Mont Orford is the highest lift-serviced peak in the area.
On the Slopes
- Mont Orford Ski Area offers a great mix of beginner and intermediate trails for those looking to gain more confidence before venturing on to the over 40% of advanced trails available on the mountain. Every member of the family can enjoy the four hillsides that are spread out over the three peaks.
- If you are looking for a challenge, Mont Giroux has one of its two sides almost entirely dedicated to advanced terrain.
- At the Mont Orford Ski Area terrain park, you will discover two lines located at the bottom of the Magog Run. Here you will have the opportunity to enjoy jib features and jumps designed for the beginner, intermediate and advanced terrain park enthusiast. New to the terrain experience, the junior park is located at the bottom of the Connection Trail.
- The Mont Orford Ski Area Snow School and its dedicated team of instructors have lessons and programs suited for every member of the family. The Mini Pucs group lessons, for children ages 3-5 are a great way for children to advance their skills. There are also various adult programs to help with skill development and are offered in group or private lesson formats.
- Mont Orford Camps for children ages 3+ are offered during the holiday season and school breaks allowing children the chance to learn to ski or snowboard while experiencing the outdoors.
- The trails at the Mont Orford Ski Area offer you a great experience, but when you are in need of a well- deserved break, the Bistro, Cafeteria and the always-popular Slalom Pub serve up all your favourites.
- The Ski Velo Boutique located in the secondary chalet is a great place to stop and browse for gloves, goggles, clothing, souvenirs, and more.
Off the Slopes
- There is no mountain-side lodging available at Mont Orford, however, throughout Magog and the Eastern Townships area, there is a great selection of lodging for every taste and budget, ranging from hotels, motels, condominiums, cabins and B&B’s, all of which are located close to mountain activities.
- Magog has many dining options to choose from, ranging from bistros for a special evening out to family-friendly restaurants that serve all the items that children enjoy. Shopping is available at the usual retail stores all the way to antique and craft shops, art galleries, and sporting goods stores.
- The dedicated staff at the Mont Orford Ski Area daycare centre are available to care for children ages 2-6. They provide the little ones with a day filled with crafts, games and stories, leaving you time to enjoy the slopes.
- There are many activities available in the Parc du Mont Orford and the surrounding area of Magog. There is over 25mi/40km of cross-country trails with warming huts along the way, plus 6mi/10km of snowshoe trails and winter hiking.
Current Status: Closed
1933 ft / 589 m
867 ft / 264 m
2800 ft / 853 m
187 in / 475 cm
Total Trails: 62
Beginner: 21 (34%)
Intermediate: 16 (26%)
Advanced: 8 (13%)
Expert: 17 (27%)
Terrain Parks & Pipes: 1
Snow Cross: No
Super Pipe: No
Half Pipe: No
Jib Park: Yes
Ski & Snowboard School: Both
Rentals & Repairs: Yes
Parking: Free and Paid
Retail Shops: Yes
Children’s Ski Programs: Yes
Women's Ski Programs: Yes
Adaptive Ski Programs: Yes
Day Lodges: Yes
Montreal QC , 85mi / 136km
Nearest Major City:
Sherbrooke QC, 24mi / 39km
Magog QC, 6mi / 10km
Season Dates: Dec 10 to Apr 10
Skiing & Snowboarding: Both
Open Days: Open Daily
Hours of Operation:
8:30am to 4:00pm : Hours maybe subject to change.
Night Skiing: No
Total Lifts: 7
Quad Chairs: 3
Triple Chairs: 1
Surface Lifts: 2
Within 20mi / 33km: Yes
Closest Airport(s)What our Convenience Rankings™ mean
Montreal-Trudeau Intl Airport
Distance: 85 mi / 136 km
Ranking: Most Convenient
Central Reservations: 1-866-673-6731
Direct Phone: 819-843-6548
Snow Phone: 819-843-6548