Manning Park Resort, British Columbia
Categories: Find Ski Resorts in Canada, Find Ski Resorts in Canada and United States
Manning Park Resort in BC and Escape2ski provides info on; vertical drop 1417ft/432m, total trails 34, closest airport 99mi/158km, lifts 4, lodging & more. The resort is located in the Northern Cascade Mountains of the E.C. Manning Provincial Park, east of Hope. Manning Park Provincial Park opened in 1941 and was named in honor of […]Read More
Manning Park Resort in BC and Escape2ski provides info on; vertical drop 1417ft/432m, total trails 34, closest airport 99mi/158km, lifts 4, lodging & more.
The resort is located in the Northern Cascade Mountains of the E.C. Manning Provincial Park, east of Hope. Manning Park Provincial Park opened in 1941 and was named in honor of the Chief Forester of British Columbia, Ernest C. Manning.
After the park opened, this incredibly beautiful area began to attract regular visitors who enjoyed the abundance of summer activities. However, winter recreation was still limited at this time.
Finally, Manning Park Resort was created when a small hotel opened in the late 1950’s; this allowed Manning Park to become more than just a day recreation area for people to enjoy.
As winter recreation was beginning to be promoted throughout the province, Manning Park Resort with its natural beauty, snow quality, accessibility and selection of terrain in Gibson’s Pass was the perfect location to open a ski facility.
Gibson’s Pass, where the ski area is located, is approximately 10km/6mi from the main area of the Resort and Highway 3. The ski area opened in December 1967 with humble beginnings, offering a double chairlift to service several trails.
The first expansion came in November 1970 when the now replaced Double Orange Chairlift was installed to service the new trails cut on an adjacent mountain area. In December 2019, a brand new Fixed Grip Doppelmayr Quad, known as The Bear Chair was installed to replace the original Orange Double Chairlift. Also a new building was constructed and is now the home of the ticket office, rentals and lessons center.
The ski area offers skiing and snowboarding on three areas, two mountain peaks that are serviced by a double and fixed quad chairlift plus a dedicated learning area. Manning Park Resort ski area is a place where you can escape the crowds and enjoy a family-friendly atmosphere with lots of great activities both on and off the slopes.
At Manning Park Resort you’ll find a welcoming and authentic four-season experience that the whole family can enjoy, with easy access from both the coast and the interior of BC.
On the Slopes
- Manning Park Resort ski area is geared toward providing an affordable, family-friendly experience that offers terrain on two mountain peaks that will rival any of its peers. It all starts with the learning area for those who want to gain the confidence before making their way to the terrain off of the Blue double chairlift and the main quad chairlift.
- The ski area features the Apple and Outer Apple Bowl along with the upper hike to Apple Bowl area. Also, make sure you check out Featherstone and Featherstone Special, which are trails that offer a bowl-like appearance as they are wide open, offer great snow and provide a chance to make big turns.
- If you are a terrain park enthusiast, take the time to discover the terrain park located near the Blue Chairlift which hosts many features, including the usual jibs and rails, plus unique to Manning Park Resort, a canoe.
- The Snow School Team at Manning Park Resort is dedicated to helping skiers, and snowboarders get on the slopes for the first time, help them improve their skills or get them to the next level. There are also programs for ages 2-6 years known as Kinder Ski and Mighty Bears.
- Manning Park Resort offers many lodging options when you want to wake up in this charming and elegant area with its relaxing experience free from all the distractions of everyday life (please note that Wi-Fi and cell service is limited). There are Lodge Rooms in the main building, Cabins and The Last Resort with a capacity to sleep, 50 people.
- For the serious winter enthusiast, there is winter ski in/ ski out RV hook-ups available at the ski area. Call the Resort for more information on this service.
Off the Slopes
- Manning Park Resort provides several options for food and beverage, in the Day Lodge at the ski area serves up all your favorite cafeteria-style food items, and at the main area of the resort, near the highway, you will discover the Bears Den Pub that is always popular for that après’ ski experience.
- For more of a fine dining experience, the Pinewoods Dining Room is the place to enjoy an evening out.
- There is also the country grocery store that sells alcohol, souvenirs, postcards and other items.
- It could be said that Manning Park Resort has VIP service with free Shuttle Service to the ski area and Nordic area warming hut. No need to try and find parking when you are staying at the resort. This convenient service gets you to the slopes faster.
- Manning Park Resort ski area has a childcare facility. The Childcare Facility has activities and games that will allow your children to interact and socialize with others. Reservations are recommended.
- If you are interested in other snow sports activities, check out the Polar Coaster Tubing located at the ski area, suitable for the entire family.
- Snowshoeing and Nordic Skiing on over 60kms of trails on the Lightning Lakes Trail System, outdoor ice skating, tobogganing and an indoor heated swimming pool located at the Loon Lagoon Recreation Center.
Current Status: Open
1417 ft / 432 m
4451 ft / 1357 m
5868 ft / 1789 m
296 in / 752 cm
Total Trails: 34
Beginner: 8 (23%)
Intermediate: 11 (31%)
Advanced: 15 (46%)
Expert: 0 (0%)
Terrain Parks: 1
Snow Cross: No
Super Pipe: No
Half Pipe: No
Jib Park: Yes
Ski & Snowboard School: Both
Rentals & Repairs: Yes
Retail Shops: Yes
Children’s Ski Programs: Yes
Women's Ski Programs: Yes
Adaptive Ski Programs: No
Day Lodges: Yes
Abbotsford BC , 99mi / 158km
Nearest Major City:
Chilliwack BC, 74mi / 118km
Hope BC, 42mi / 68km
Season Dates: Dec 10 to Apr 9
Skiing & Snowboarding: Both
Open Days: Open Daily
Hours of Operation:
9:00am to 4:00pm : Hours maybe subject to change.
Night Skiing: No
Total Lifts: 4
Quad Chairs: 1
Double Chairs: 1
Surface Lifts: 2
Within 20mi / 33km: Yes
Closest Airport(s)What our Convenience Rankings™ mean
Abbotsford Intl Airport
Distance: 99 mi / 158 km
Ranking: Limited Major Airline Use
Vancouver Intl Airport
Distance: 150 mi / 240 km
Ranking: Most Convenient
Central Reservations: 1-800-330-3321
Direct Phone: 604-668-5922
Snow Phone: Visit Website