Le Relais Ski Area in Quebec and Escape2ski provides info on; vertical drop 735ft/224m, total trails 33, closest airport 18mi/28km, lifts 7, and more. Located on Mount Murphy and Mount Taylor just off Boulevard du Lac in the Town of Lac Beauport is Le Relais Ski Area. This well-known ski area that has been a […]Read More
Le Relais Ski Area in Quebec and Escape2ski provides info on; vertical drop 735ft/224m, total trails 33, closest airport 18mi/28km, lifts 7, and more.
Located on Mount Murphy and Mount Taylor just off Boulevard du Lac in the Town of Lac Beauport is Le Relais Ski Area. This well-known ski area that has been a part of the local community since 1936, making it one of the oldest operating ski areas in North America.
The ski area opened during a time when the economy was not prosperous, but with the guidance of Herman Smith-Johannsen, a Norweigen working with the developers, the ski area opened with several trails.
As the popularity of winter recreation throughout North America grew, the excitement was no different in this region of Quebec. With an abundance of snowfall, the ski area was able to attract many events and competitions. The ski area continued to see success, and with it came the opening of the base area lodge in January 1938.
Le Relais Ski Area and the community of Lac Beauport was quickly recognized as a winter destination for the destination skier. In 1962, a double chairlift would be installed that would increase the number of skiers that could be transported up the hill.
Jean-Claude Tremblay and Suzanne Proteau-Blais would purchase the ski area in 1978 when the ski area only had 10 runs. With new ownership and continued interest from the community, night skiing was introduced, and new trails were added.
On June 30, 1987, Laurier Beaulieu became the new owner of this local community gem. With his vision, business knowledge and vision for the future, Le Relais Ski Area was able to expand its terrain, building a larger base lodge, and add more lifts. It also became home to the Aerials Training Facility that operates during the summer and has two ski clubs.
Le Relais Ski Area continues to be owned by the Beaulieu family and is well-known throughout the local community and the Quebec Region. The ski area terrain layout is much bigger than you think and on a clear from the summit, you can see Quebec City.
On the Slopes
- Le Relais Ski Area has a balanced terrain layout that allows all skill levels to enjoy the entire mountain. Gaby-Pleau is a fun intermediate level main trail that goes directly from the summit to base. Laurent-Bernier is one of the black diamond runs that will challenge even the advanced skier.
- There is a dedicated beginner area at the base that has a T-Bar and a moving carpet to allow first-timers the opportunity to learn at their own pace in a wide-open area.
- For those of you cannot make it to the slopes during the day, night skiing happens long after the day hours are gone. Twenty-seven trails light up the night in the Lac Beauport region that can be seen from a long-distance away.
- Le Relais Ski Area is home to three terrain parks with the XL Park being the largest one. The XL park requires a pass and extends from summit to base. There are numerous rails, boxes, rainbows, and of course, large jumps. The thrills are endless.
- For those who are not at the XL Park level, there is the beginner park with lots of features to help you improve your skills. The Billabong Park is set with small to medium jumps, rails, and boxes that will provide a level of fun.
- The Snow School at Le Relais Ski area has a dedicated team of over 130 professional instructors who have vast experience in the latest teaching techniques. They provide instruction to the large number of school groups who visit each year. There are also group, private, and children’s lessons, along with several camps, including; Christmas, Spring Break and Freestyle.
Off the Slopes
- Le Relais Ski Area is located in the town of Lac Beauport and is a well-known spot within the community to meet friends and enjoy time in the outdoors. There are no lodging options at the ski area; however, in the town, there are several lodging options, including the Entourage Resort Hotel, dining and shopping. Also, Quebec City is only about a 30-minute drive away.
- Le Relais Ski Area features the Bistro Jack Rabbit, which is a great place for food and drinks. It is named in honor of Herman Smith-Johannsen who was one the original influencers of the ski area. The bistro provides a cozy atmosphere, great food, and spectacular views of the slopes.
- In the lower level of the main lodge, there is the L A B Boutique ski and snowboard retail outlet. Here you’ll find a great selection of equipment and accessories, and the knowledgeable staff will help you find the right gear to make your time on the slopes more enjoyable.
- About a 10-minute drive from the ski area t is the Les Sentiers du Moulin cross-country ski and snowshoe area. The area features over 36mi/60km of cross-country trails, the main lodge where you get cross-country ski and snowshoe rentals, and six warming stations. There is 12mi/20km of snowshoeing on the Montagnard Trail. Call 418-849-9652 for more info.
- During the winter on the Lac Beauport Lake there is ice skating on a man made-large oval track near the Entourage Resort Hotel. From the summit of the ski area, you can see the large skating surface.
- Transit service is available throughout the Lac Beauport area and conveniently stops near the Le Relais Ski Area. See the Helpful Links section below to get for transit info.
Current Status: Closed
735 ft / 224 m
672 ft / 205 m
1407 ft / 429 m
172 in / 435 cm
Total Trails: 33
Beginner: 7 (21%)
Intermediate: 12 (37%)
Advanced: 10 (30%)
Expert: 4 (12%)
Terrain Parks & Pipes: 3
Snow Cross: No
Super Pipe: No
Half Pipe: No
Jib Park: Yes
Ski & Snowboard School: Both
Rentals & Repairs: Yes
Retail Shops: Yes
Children’s Ski Programs: Yes
Women's Ski Programs: No
Adaptive Ski Programs: No
Day Lodges: Yes
Quebec City QC, 18mi / 28km
Nearest Major City:
Quebec City QC, 13mi / 21km
Lac Beauport, 1mi / 2km
Season Dates: Nov 29 to Apr 20
Skiing & Snowboarding: Both
Open Days: Open Daily
Hours of Operation:
9:00am to 9:30pm : Sat-Sun, 8:30am to 9:30pm : Hours maybe subject to change.
Night Skiing: Nightly
Total Lifts: 7
Express-6 Chairs: 1
Express Quad Chairs: 1
Surface Lifts: 5
Within 20mi / 33km: Yes
Closest Airport(s)What our Convenience Rankings™ mean
Quebec City Jean Lesage Intl Airport
Distance: 18 mi / 28 km
Ranking: Most Convenient
Montreal-Trudeau Intl Airport
Distance: 178 mi / 286 km
Ranking: Least Convenient
Central Reservations: 1-866-373-5247
Direct Phone: 418-849-1851
Snow Phone: N/A