Diamond Peak Ski Resort, Nevada
Categories: Find Ski Resorts in Canada and United States, Find Ski Resorts in United States
Diamond Peak Ski Resort in Nevada and Escape2ski provides info on; vertical drop 1840ft/561m, total trails 30, closest airport 34mi/55km, lifts 7, and more. The ski resort is located at Incline Village in North Lake Tahoe, Nevada and provides some of the most spectacular views of Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. Diamond […]Read More
Diamond Peak Ski Resort in Nevada and Escape2ski provides info on; vertical drop 1840ft/561m, total trails 30, closest airport 34mi/55km, lifts 7, and more.
The ski resort is located at Incline Village in North Lake Tahoe, Nevada and provides some of the most spectacular views of Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range.
Diamond Peak Ski Resort opened on November 19, 1966, under the name Ski Incline. The Ski area and the Incline Village vacation community are the result of two men with a vision, Art Wood from Oklahoma and his associate Harold Tiller. They planned to bring year-round recreation to this beautiful area for all to enjoy.
After they received a commitment to fund their ski area project, they hired Luggi Foeger, a ski area consultant from Austria who would design and develop the project. The ski area opened with three chairlifts, a T-Bar, several trails and snowmaking equipment to help out when Mother Nature doesn’t co-operate.
The ski area enjoyed success over the decades by providing a family-friendly experience to all who visited the slopes, but the ski area had some unchartered terrain found at the summit that was only accessible to the most seasoned skier by hiking into the area. In 1985, and after a lengthy regulatory process, permission was granted to allow expansion to the upper portion of the mountain. This would effectively double the skiable acres after the installation of a new chairlift.
With the expansion and the opening of the new advanced terrain, the name Diamond Peak emerged in recognition of this once hike-to terrain. Diamond Peak Ski Resort as it known today has been further expanded to include such terrain as Solitude Canyon, home of glades and tree skiing along with Golden Eagle Bowl, an intermediates paradise.
Diamond Peak Ski Resort has provided a great skiing and snowboarding experience in the Lake Tahoe region since 1966 through innovation and good old fashion hospitality, its a place where you feel welcome.
On the Slopes
- The terrain at Diamond Peak Ski Resort has something to satisfy everyone, off the Crystal High-Speed Quad Chairlift, you can enjoy the intermediate terrain of The Great Flume and Crystal Ridge, plus the advanced terrain of Thunder, Lightning, and Diamondback.
- Diamond Peak Ski Resort features the Village Terrain Park located near the Red Fox chairlift on the lower portion of the mountain. There are rails, boxes, and other features laid out on Dusty’s and Village Park trails.
- Diamond Peak Ski and Snowboard School offers a variety of programs and packages to meet the needs of all members of the family, from children’s programs to adult lessons, as well as, lessons designed for beginners or those in need of a refresher.
- The Diamond Peak Child Ski Center is geared to children ages 3 to 6 and is welcoming to all abilities, first-time on the slopes or with previous experience. The dedicated learning area provides for a safer environment, instruction and comes with a surface lift.
- Diamond Peak Ski Resort features six places for food and beverage, including Wild Bill’s BBQ located in the Snowflake Lodge perched at 7400ft/2256m above sea level. In the Base Lodge, you will also discover additional food and beverage along with retail shopping and rentals.
Off the Slopes
- Diamond Peak Ski Resort has no on-mountain lodging but the nearby Incline Village provides many accommodation choices, diverse restaurant and nightlife options, three shopping centers filled with specialty boutiques and a movie theatre. Incline Village is also home to the Incline Village Recreation Center that provides activities for the entire family, from the indoor pool to massage, fitness machines and for children, the Kid Zone.
- Two other area options that exist for lodging, dining, entertainment and shopping are in South Lake Tahoe, or north of the ski resort, in the Town of Truckee.
- Diamond Peak Ski Resort is a dedicated ski and snowboard facility, meaning there are no off-mountain activities such as Nordic Skiing or Snowshoeing. It is simply a place to come for great skiing and snowboarding.
- The Diamond Peak Ski Shuttle is a “free” service that operates from various pick-up locations throughout Incline Village (in North Lake Tahoe) to the ski area. See the schedule in the Helpful Links below.
- Local bus Transportation is also provided to the Incline Village area and Truckee on TART – Tahoe Truckee Area Regional Transit, but does “not” go to the Diamond Peak Ski Resort. The best advice would be to coordinate with the Diamond Peak Ski Shuttle at the Incline Village.
- Airport transportation is available from the Reno Tahoe International Airport to Diamond Peak Ski Resort and the Incline Village area and is provided by North Lake Tahoe Express. See the Helpful Link Section below.
Current Status: Closed
1840 ft / 561 m
6700 ft / 2042 m
8540 ft / 2603 m
300 in / 762 cm
Total Trails: 30
Beginner: 5 (18%)
Intermediate: 14 (46%)
Advanced: 11 (36%)
Expert: 0 (0%)
Terrain Parks: 1
Snow Cross: No
Super Pipe: No
Half Pipe: No
Jib Park: Yes
Ski & Snowboard School: Both
Rentals & Repairs: Yes
Parking: Free and Paid
Retail Shops: Yes
Children’s Ski Programs: Yes
Women's Ski Programs: No
Adaptive Ski Programs: No
Day Lodges: Yes
Reno NV , 34mi / 55km
Nearest Major City:
Reno NV, 37mi / 60km
Incline Village NV, 3mi / 5km
Season Dates: Dec 3 to May 1
Skiing & Snowboarding: Both
Open Days: Open Daily
Hours of Operation:
9:00am to 4:00pm : Hours maybe subject to change.
Night Skiing: No
Total Lifts: 7
Express Quad Chairs: 1
Quad Chairs: 2
Double Chairs: 3
Surface Lifts: 1
Within 20mi / 33km: Yes
Closest Airport(s)What our Convenience Rankings™ mean
Reno-Tahoe Intl Airport
Distance: 34 mi / 55 km
Ranking: Most Convenient
Sacramento Intl Airport
Distance: 128 mi / 206 km
Ranking: Least Convenient
Central Reservations: 1-800-468-2463
Direct Phone: 775-832-1177
Snow Phone: 775-831-3211