Marble Mountain Ski Resort in Newfoundland and Escape2ski provides info on; vertical drop 1758ft/536m, total trails 39, closest airport 31mi/50km and more. Marble Mountain Ski Resort is located on the southern side of the Humber River in the Long Range Mountains of Newfoundland in the town of Steady Brook. This area is on the western […]Read More
Marble Mountain Ski Resort in Newfoundland and Escape2ski provides info on; vertical drop 1758ft/536m, total trails 39, closest airport 31mi/50km and more.
Marble Mountain Ski Resort is located on the southern side of the Humber River in the Long Range Mountains of Newfoundland in the town of Steady Brook. This area is on the western part of the province in the picturesque Humber Valley only a short distance from the City of Corner Brook.
Corner Brook is a coastal city with an active port and has a rich history in the lumber industry. The pulp and paper mill is a large employer that provides this beautiful area with employment and is an area that many people proudly call home.
Skiing in the area dates back to the early 1930’s when the Corner Brook Ski club was established. It was tireless efforts of this group that laid the future foundation for skiing and winter activities and led to the creation of what we know today as Marble Mountain Ski Resort.
In 1959, a committee was formed to find a location and start the work to create a ski facility. The committee chose Marble Mountain located in the Humber Valley for their new venture, and the ski resort opened in 1960 with limited amenities and a few trails.
As interest for winter tourism continued to grow, the Government of Newfoundland in conjunction with the Corner Brook Ski Club, formed the Marble Mountain Development Corporation to support the continued development of the ski area.
In 1995, a new base lodge was constructed along with the installation of a High-Speed Quad Chairlift, a first for Atlantic Canada. The chairlift allowed access to new terrain and in 1999 the Marble Villa, Atlantic Canada’s only on-mountain lodging was built.
Today, Marble Mountain Ski Resort has grown into a four-season area that is perfect for great skiing and snowboarding, events, weddings, and banquets. This ski resort provides a family-friendly atmosphere and continually attracts visitors during the winter season from beyond the limits of the island of Newfoundland.
On the Slopes
- Marble Mountain Ski Resort has a diverse selection of terrain that includes Hansen’s Run, Boomerang, and Hot Dog, plus short lift lines and the highest vertical drop of any ski area in Atlantic Canada.
- Marble Mountain Ski Resort Governor's Express is the only high-speed detachable quad lift in Atlantic Canada. It's just one of five lifts that will carry you up the slopes to the summit where you can enjoy a panoramic view of the Humber River.
- Marble Mountain Ski Resort has one terrain park for all types of park enthusiasts. The park has jumps, rails, boxes, and other features to help with skill progression.
- The Snow School at Marble Mountain Ski Resort has a team of dedicated professional instructors ready to offer all types of lessons to increase your skiing and snowboarding skills. There are Discover Programs, Child and Youth Programs, private lessons for adults and children along with group lessons.
- The Marble Villa is on-mountain lodging located at the Marble Mountain Resort a short distance from the chairlift and the day lodge. This lodging complex features 31 rooms comprised of studio and two bedroom units.
Off the Slopes
- At the base of the Marble Mountain Ski Resort, you’ll find a 54,000 square foot lodge. The main building hosts a bar and cafeteria-style restaurant. Building two is home to the children’s centre and the rental and repair shop.
- The City of Corner Brook is only approximately 30 minutes from the ski resort and is a short commute to many lodging options, including the Glynmill Inn, Comfort Inn, and Quality Inn.
- The City of Corner Brook also features arts and culture, dining and shopping at the Corner Brook Plaza, Millbrook Mall, and Valley Mall.
- Blow Me Down Trails is a not-for-profit facility offering cross-country skiing and snowshoeing for members and visitors. Located only 7 minutes from Corner Brook, this is a great option for a day away from the slopes. There are 24mi/40km of trails, 4mi/6.5km of which are open at night. Rentals and lessons are available.
- Marble Mountain provides childcare services for all ages of children at the Children’s Centre. The childcare professionals are well-trained and offer a fun environment and even ski lessons for your child. Call 709-637-7619 for more info.
- There is no transit available to the ski resort from the City of Corner Brook. Taxi service is the best choice if you do not have a vehicle.
Current Status: Closed
1758 ft / 536 m
33 ft / 10 m
1791 ft / 546 m
192 in / 488 cm
Total Trails: 39
Beginner: 7 (19%)
Intermediate: 14 (36%)
Advanced: 12 (32%)
Expert: 6 (13%)
Terrain Parks & Pipes: 1
Snow Cross: No
Super Pipe: No
Half Pipe: No
Jib Park: Yes
Ski & Snowboard School: Both
Rentals & Repairs: Yes
Retail Shops: Yes
Children’s Ski Programs: Yes
Women's Ski Programs: Yes
Adaptive Ski Programs: Yes
Day Lodges: Yes
Deer Lake NL , 31mi / 50km
Nearest Major City:
Corner Brook NL, 9mi / 15km
Steady Brook NL, 2mi / 3km
Season Dates: Jan 6 to Apr 8
Skiing & Snowboarding: Both
Open Days: Open Daily
Hours of Operation:
10:00am to 4:00pm : Fri, 9:00am to 8:00pm : Sat-Sun, 9:00am to 4:00pm : Hours maybe subject to change.
Night Skiing: Select Nights
Total Lifts: 4
Express Quad Chairs: 1
Quad Chairs: 2
Surface Lifts: 1
Within 20mi / 33km: Yes
Closest Airport(s)What our Convenience Rankings™ mean
Deer Lake Regional Airport
Distance: 31 mi / 50 km
Ranking: Most Convenient
Distance: 55 mi / 88 km
Ranking: Limited Major Airline Use
Central Reservations: 1-888-462-7253
Direct Phone: 709-637-7601
Snow Phone: 709-637-7669